- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes plus resting
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp long grain rice
- 1 tbsp tea leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 50 ml rapeseed oil
- 4 pigeon breasts
- 1/4 watermelon, outer skin removed and sliced
1. Line a non-stick pan with a round of kitchen foil. Mix together the rice, tea and sugar and tip onto the foil. Line another piece of foil over the top and drizzle with the oil.
2. Season the pigeon breasts on both sides and arrange on top of the foil. Cover with another layer of foil, making sure that it is tightly sealed. Turn the heat on and leave to heat through for about 8 minutes - the smoke will start to show after a couple of minutes.
3. Turn the heat off and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes, then remove the outer foil layer and serve with the sliced watermelon.
Rate This Recipe