- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 350 g Puy lentils, cooked
- 300 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, snipped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 600 g organic gravadlax slices or smoked salmon
For the salad
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handfuls rocket
- handfuls leaves watercress
1. Combine the Puy lentils with the cream cheese, and add the herbs and half the lemon juice. Season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
2. Line a 1 kg loaf tin with cling film, leaving enough to hang over the sides. Line the base and sides of the tin with the smoked salmon slices, ensuring that all sides are covered and there is enough to overlap the edges of the tin.
3. Take a third of the Puy lentil mixture and spoon it into the bottom of the tin in an even layer. Cover with a layer of smoked salmon. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients, finishing with a layer of smoked salmon.
4. Fold the outer layer of smoked salmon over the top of the terrine and cover with plastic wrap. Cover with a baking tray and place cans on top to weigh it down. Chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
5. To serve, whisk the remaining lemon juice with the olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Turn out the terrine and cut into thick slices. Dress the leaves with the dressing and serve alongside each slice.
Rate This Recipe