- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g basmati rice
- black pepper
- 55 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2-1 tsp chilli powder
- 115 g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 115 g smoked duck, sliced
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and quartered
1. Cook the rice in plenty of salted boiling water in a large saucepan for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse with boiling water, then drain again.
2. Melt the butter in a large frying pan or wok and add the onion.
3. Fry gently for 10 minutes, stirring now and then. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric and chilli powder. Mix in well and cook gently for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the drained rice, mixing well. Mix in the smoked salmon and smoked duck.
5. Stir in the cream, 2 tablespoons of parsley, lemon zest and juice and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Top the kedgeree with the quartered eggs, sprinkle over the remaining parsley and serve.
Rate This Recipe