- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g slices smoked salmon
- 150 g cream cheese
- 100 g soured cream
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish, or horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp salmon caviar, plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- salt and black pepper
- seasonal green mixed leaves, to serve
1. Lay out two sheets of cling film. Lay half the smoked salmon slices in an overlapping layer on one of the pieces of cling film. Repeat with the remaining salmon on the other piece of cling film.
2. Whisk the cream cheese, soured cream and horseradish together and fold in the chives, salmon caviar and lemon juice. Season to taste.
3. Spoon half the mixture in a line down the middle of one layer of salmon, and fold the salmon over so that it covers the mixture. Roll the salmon away from yourself into a roll and use the back of a knife to push the ends down to form a parcel. Repeat with the second layer of salmon and remaining mixture.
4. Trim away the excess salmon and serve each on a bed of winter leaves garnished with a few salmon eggs.
Rate This Recipe