- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g smoked salmon, trimmings, chopped
- 4 rashers bacon
- 100 g potatoes, boiled, drained and crushed
- 1 finely sliced red onions
- 8 basil
- 100 g goats' cheese, crumbled, ideally St George
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 8 large rice paper roll wrappers
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 500 ml vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 jars chutney
- 1 mango, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 0.5 lemon juice
- 1 heads curly endive
1. Mix together the smoked salmon, bacon, potato, onion, basil and goats' cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, bearing in mind the saltiness of the smoked salmon and bacon.
2. Lay out the spring roll sheets and place a quarter of mixture along the bottom of each sheet. Brush the edges with beaten egg and roll up tightly into a spring roll shape, tucking in the edges.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or deep-fat fryer until 180C. Deep-fry the spring rolls until golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon or frying basket and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Mix together the chutney, mango, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chives and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Arrange the fritters, dressing and endive on a serving plate and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe