- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 55 g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 225 g cooked basmati rice
- 275 g finely sliced smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 01 lemons, grated zest and juice
- black pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- lemon wedges
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan and add in the onion. Fry gently, stirring now and then, for 10 minutes, until softened.
2. Mix in the coriander, cumin, turmeric and chilli powder and cook gently for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the basmati rice , smoked salmon, double cream, parsley (reserving a little) and lemon juice and zest, mixing well. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Fry, stirring often, for a further 10 minutes.
4. Scatter over the hard-boiled egg and remaining parsley, garnish with the lemon wedges and serve.
Rate This Recipe