- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150 ml white wine
- 200 ml double cream
- 150 g frozen petit pois, defrosted
- 150 g smoked trout, sliced or flaked (see Cook's note)
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 sprig chervil, finely chopped
- 200 g pappardelle, (pasta)
Tips and Suggestions
Ben suggests that you can use smoked salmon if smoked trout is unavailable.
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Increase the heat, add the wine and allow to reduce.
3. Add the cream to the sauce with freshly ground black pepper to taste and allow the sauce to reduce again.
4. Add the peas, fish, lemon zest and half the chervil and heat gently until warmed through. Season to taste with salt.
5. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain.
6. Serve the sauce over the hot pasta, garnished with lemon wedges and sprigs of fresh chervil.
Rate This Recipe