- Serves: 16 crostini
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 aubergines, peeled and finely diced
- pinches sugar
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 bunches coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 crushed, 1 cut in half
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 thin baguette or ciabatta, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp thick yogurt, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Heat a frying pan over a high heat, add the oil and the aubergines and fry, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened and browned. Season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar, reduce the heat to medium and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the chillies, coriander, crushed garlic and lime juice and set aside.
4. Lay the slices of bread onto a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
5. To serve, rub the toasts with the halved garlic clove (if desired) and top with the aubergine mixture. Drizzle on a little yoghurt, if using, and serve.
Rate This Recipe