- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tbsp tahini
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8.
2. Prick the aubergines in a few places with the tip of a knife. Place on a roasting tray and roast for 45 minutes, turning once, until the aubergines feel very soft and the skin has blackened.
3. Remove the skins and put the flesh in a food processor or blender.
4. Add the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and tahini paste. Season with salt and pepper. Blitz to a purée. Check the seasoning.
5. Turn into a small bowl. When cool drizzle a good splash of olive oil over the surface.
Rate This Recipe