- Serves: 6 as a starter or side dish
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 750 g broccoli
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 pieces sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 black olives, halved and pitted
- 2 dried chillies, deseeded and crumbled
- 250 ml dry white wine
- black pepper
- 40 g parmesan, shaved into wafers
1. Cut the woody ends off the broccoli stems. Leave thinner stems up to 1cm in diameter whole; cut thicker ones in half or quarters lengthways. Cut each piece in half.
2. Cover the base of a wide, deep, heavy frying pan or saucepan, with a thin layer of olive oil.
3. Place a thick layer of broccoli in the pan, scatter over half the garlic, the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, chillies, half the remaining olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Repeat the layers, then pour over the wine.
4. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 40 minutes to an hour until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Remove the lid towards the end if necessary.
5. Spoon the mixture into a serving dish and scatter with the Parmesan shavings.
Rate This Recipe