- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus soaking and chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 5 dried chinese dried mushrooms
- 120 g dried soba noodles
- 2-3 drops sesame oil
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 10 black olives, pitted
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or mirin
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- handful mint leaves or rocket, shredded
1. Soak the Chinese mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes, until softened. Drain the mushrooms, then slice them, discarding the stems.
2. Cook the soba noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh them under running cold water. Add a few dashes of sesame oil to the noodles stop them sticking, and set aside.
3. Heat a wok over high heat and add the groundnut oil. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the mushrooms are cooked.
4. For the dressing: combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
5. To serve, place the noodles in a bowl. Add the mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and olives and toss well. Pour over the dressing, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and shredded mint or rocket leaves. Chill before serving.
Rate This Recipe