- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins resting
- Effort: medium
- 175 g chickpea or gram flour
- 400 ml water
- 75 ml olive oil
- chopped flat leaf parsley
- red onions, finely chopped
- garlic, finely chopped
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water and olive oil (reserving 2 tablespoons) until well-blended into a smooth batter. Season with salt and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the reserved olive oil in a large frying pan. Pour in a quarter of the chickpea batter.
3. Fry over medium heat until set and browned underneath, then flip over to lightly brown the other side. Remove and keep warm.
4. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, making 4 pancakes in all.
5. Sprinkle the pancakes with parsley, red onion, garlic, lemon juice and olives and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe