- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 egg whites
- 240 g sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 250 ml double cream, whipped
- 3 ripe passion fruit
- sprigs mint, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C/gas 1.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in 190g of sugar, whisking continuously.
3. Finally add in the corn flour and vinegar and whisk until mixed in.
4. Spoon or pipe the meringue into 6 equal amounts and place on a greased, lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
6. Meanwhile, place the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
7. Cover with kitchen foil and bake for 15 minutes in the same oven as the meringue until tender. Set aside and allow to cool.
8. To serve, place each meringue on a plate and spoon over a generous amount of whipped cream. Arrange the rhubarb on the top. Scoop out the seeds of one half of passion fruit per meringue onto the cream and around the plate. Garnish with mint and serve.
Rate This Recipe