- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 450 g soft herring roes
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- extra-fine capers
- 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 loaf crusty white bread, sliced
1. Heat a frying pan and add the butter.
2. Once the butter is foaming fry the herring roes gently on one side, then turn over.
3. Season the herring roes with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the lemon juice, capers and parsley and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, toast the bread. Lay the fried roes on the toast and pour over the pan juices. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe