- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g block of feta cheese, quartered
- olive oil, for drizzling
- black pepper
- dried red chilli flakes, optional
- 500 ml milk
- 125 g quick-cook polenta
- 60 g butter
- 30 g parmesan, grated
- 1 head of radicchio lettuce
- flakes sea salt
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Place the feta quarters on a large sheet of foil, drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground pepper and chilli flakes, if using.
3. Wrap the foil around the feta, forming a parcel, place it on a baking sheet and roast it for 8 minutes, until the feta is softened.
4. Meanwhile, heat the milk and a large, non-stick saucepan. Gradually whisk in the polenta and cook, stirring, until it thickens. Mix in the butter and Parmesan and season with salt and freshly ground pepper
5. Meanwhile, preheat a griddle pan. Quarter the radicchio lengthways, removing any loose outer leaves. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and place on the hot griddle pan. Cook until wilted.
6. Bring a large pan of water to a gentle simmer. Break in the eggs and poach them for 2 minutes, then remove them with a slotted spoon and drain well.
7. Divide the polenta among 4 serving plates. Top each portion with roasted feta, griddled radicchio and a poached egg. Drizzle with olive oil and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe