- Serves: 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the goujons
- 600 g sole fillets, skinned and cut into strips
- 150 g Matzo meal
- 1 tbsp parmesan, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- sunflower oil, for deep frying
For the gribiche sauce
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp gherkins, very finely chopped
- 1/2 shallots, very finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes
1. To make the sole goujons; put the matzo meal, Parmesan and sesame seeds into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Mix the flour with the freshly ground black pepper and salt and put onto a large flat plate.
3. Coat the sole strips with the flour; dip them into the beaten eggs and then into the matzo meal mixture.
4. Place the coated strips on a tray.
5. Heat the oil to 190C and cook the fish in batches for 1-2 minutes until golden.
6. To make the sauce; put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill in the fridge.
7. To serve; scoop the insides from the tomatoes, spoon the chilled gribiche sauce into the hollowed out tomatoes and place on a plate with the cooked goujons.
Rate This Recipe