- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 knob butter
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until light. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the whisk is lifted from the bowl.
3. Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture using a large metal spoon, taking care to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
4. Heat the butter in a large ovenproof frying pan until foaming. Pour in the egg mixture and fry for a minute or so, until set on the underside. Transfer to the hot oven and cook until the top of the omelette sets this will take about 3 minutes.
5. In a small saucepan, combine the jam and a squeeze of lemon from one of the wedges and heat through.
6. Brush the omelette with the warm jam mixture, then fold it in half, dust with icing sugar, and serve immediately with more lemon wedges to squeeze over the top.
Rate This Recipe