- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 ml water
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 star anise
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2 large green courgettes, trimmed and sliced into long strips
- 2 large carrots, trimmed and sliced into long strips
- 1 bulb fennel, root removed, sliced into quarters
- 6 mackerel fillets, cleaned
1. Place the water, wine, vinegar, star anise and salt in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Plunge the vegetables into the sousing liquid, return to the boil and cook for four minutes. Remove the vegetables from the liquid with a perforated spoon and set aside, keeping them warm.
3. Place the mackerel in the liquid, return to the boil, and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the flesh is easily flaked. Remove and drain well.
4. Arrange the vegetables in the centre of a serving platter or plates, and position the mackerel on top. Serve warm.
Rate This Recipe