- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
For the marinated pork
- 450 g pork fillet, trimmed of membrane, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves discarded, chopped finely
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 50 g brown muscovado sugar
- 50 ml Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, or sunflower oil
For the salad
- 50 g unsalted peanuts
- ½-1 heads cos or romaine lettuce, or any other crisp lettuce leaves, roughly torn
- 1 handfuls mixed coriander, and mint leaves
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, cut in half lengthways, seeds removed, sliced
For the dressing
- 75 ml Thai fish sauce
- 75 ml lime juice
- 2 red chillies, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 g caster sugar
1. For the marinated pork: put the meat in a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and place in the fridge for up to an hour.
2. For the salad: preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the peanuts on a baking tray and roast for 5 minutes. If there are skins on the nuts, rub them off and discard. Chop the nuts roughly and set them aside.
3. For the dressing: combine all the ingredients in a bowl or jar and stir or shake until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
4. Heat a grill pan or frying pan until smoking, then add the drained meat. Cook for a minute or so, turning until browned on all sides.
5. Add the marinade and cook for another minute or two, or until slightly sticky. Remove the pan from the heat.
6. Toss the lettuce, coriander, mint, spring onions and cucumber together in a salad bowl. Pour over the dressing and tip in the pork and sauce. Toss quickly, sprinkle the nuts on top and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe