- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4x125 g chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 grated onion
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- whole cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1x4 cm cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2.5 cm ginger, finely grated
- 150 ml coconut cream
- small bunch coriander
- plain boiled rice or chapattis, to serve
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss with the lemon juice. Place in a shallow non-metallic dish and leave to marinate while you make the sauce.
2. Heat a heavy based pan with two tablespoons of the oil and add the onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
3. Add the turmeric, cardamom pods and chili powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, stirring constantly.
4. Pour the remaining oil into the pan and add the chicken.
5. Stir in the cinnamon, garlic and ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the garlic and ginger are soft.
6. Pour in the coconut cream.
7. Reserve a few coriander sprigs for garnish and blend the remaining in a mini food processor. Add to the pan and stir until well combined.
8. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
9. Garnish with the reserved coriander sprigs and serve with rice or chapattis.
Rate This Recipe