- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp palm sugar, or muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 small red chilli, fresh or pickled, minced
- 1 slice of ginger, finely minced
- 200 g green or white cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 150 g cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 15 mint leaves, shredded
- tbsp toasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- a few drops of fish sauce, (optional)
1. Place the palm sugar or muscovado sugar, lime juice and vinegar in a small saucepan and heat through gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the minced chilli and ginger, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
2. Using a food processor fitted with a grating disc, shred the cabbage and carrot and transfer to a large bowl. Add the chopped cucumber, spring onions, coriander, mint and cashews and toss.
3. Pour the sugar-lime mixture over the salad, then the sesame oil, soy sauce and fish sauce, if using, and toss again before serving.
Rate This Recipe