- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinches cayenne pepper
- 150 ml buttermilk
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 4 rashers bacon
- 150 g freshwhite breadcrumbs
For the dip
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
Tips and Suggestions
the time the chicken takes to cook depends on the size of the pieces. Larger pieces should be cooked at a lower temperature. You can always finish them in a hot oven if they are not cooked through.
1. For the chicken: slice each breast and thigh into 4 pieces.
2. Mix the mustard, pepper, salt and cayenne together in a bowl and toss in the chicken pieces.
3. Pour over the buttermilk and turn the chicken pieces to ensure they are evenly coated.
4. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan to a depth of 1cm. Fry the bacon until crisp.
5. Lift out the rashers and once they are cool enough to handle, crumble them into small pieces and mix with the breadcrumbs.
6. Add some more oil to the pan so it is about 5 cm deep and heat until it bubbles when a cube of bread is added.
7. Coat the chicken pieces with the breadcrumb mixture and fry in batches for 5 - 10 minutes in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through.
8. For the dip: mix together the crème fraîche, mustard and horseradish.
9. Serve the chicken with the horseradish dip.
Rate This Recipe