- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 min to marinade
- Effort: easy
- 225 g lamb fillets, sliced into 1 cm slices
- half an onions, grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pitta bread
- juice of half a lemons
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chopped oregano
- 3 spring onions, sliced
1. Toss the lamb with the onion in a mixing bowl.
2. Mash the garlic with a little salt. Add the mashed garlic, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, cumin, cayenne and olive oil to the sliced lamb and toss well.
3. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, longer if time permits.
4. Heat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle until very hot.
5. Add the lamb to the frying pan or griddle, allowing 2 minutes each side. Alternately, chargrill or grill the lamb strips.
6. Meanwhile, warm the pitta breads. Slice along the pitta breads to form 4 pockets.
7. Fill the pitta pockets with the freshly cooked lamb, lemon juice, yoghurt, oregano and spring onion and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe