- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, seperated into florets
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 8-10 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 X 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml water
- 250 g ground almonds
- 2 packets vegetarian soya chicken pieces
- 1-2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large pan.
2. Add the onion, cauliflower and carrots and fry over a gentle heat for 6-7 minutes, then add the garlic. Add the grated ginger and cardamom pods to the pan, along with the tumeric, cumin and ground coriander.
3. Stir well and leave to cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the spices from burning.
4. Add the coconut milk and water to the pan and bring to the boil. Stir in the ground almonds and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Add the soya chicken pieces and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to heat through.
6. Add the lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve with basmati rice.
Rate This Recipe