- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g spaghetti
- 100 g pancetta, diced
- 50 g pecorino cheese, grated
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain and reserve a little of the cooking water for later.
2. Heat a pan over a high heat and fry the pancetta and garlic for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown. Remove the garlic and remove the pan from the heat. Add the cooked spaghetti into the pan and toss well.
3. Quickly whisk the eggs and the grated cheeses together (reserving a few tablespoons of the cheese for serving). Pour the mixture over the spaghetti in the pan and mix well to coat the pasta in the sauce, adding some of the reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
4. To serve, place the spaghetti onto warm plates, season with freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle over the reserved grated cheese.
Rate This Recipe