- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- Bunch of dried spaghetti, about the diameter of a 20p coin
- 4 slices dry-cured smoked streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- generous splash of olive oil
- 1 tsp marjoram, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- freshly grated parmesan, to taste
1. Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Once tender, drain.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, fry the bacon in a frying pan until crisp.
3. While the bacon is frying, tip the egg yolk into a cold bowl. Add a splash of olive oil, the marjoram and sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
4. When the bacon is crisp, add the sliced garlic to the pan and stir well. Remove from the heat and add the drained spaghetti and egg mixture. Mix together very quickly so that the egg doesn't scramble.
5. Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan
Rate This Recipe