- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- 150 g rindless streaky bacon, cut into matchsticks
- 4 large egg yolks
- 150 ml double cream
- 100 g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (tender but still with some bite). Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large frying pan until crisp and golden brown.
3. Add the spaghetti and a little of the cooking water to the frying pan.
4. Add the egg yolks and cream and immediately remove the pan from the heat. Stir well off the heat for a minute or two to cook the eggs in the residual heat.
5. Sprinkle the parmesan and parsley into the spaghetti, then season to taste with salt and pepper and toss quickly. Serve with extra cheese as desired.
Rate This Recipe