- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g pancetta, cut into matchsticks
- 6 egg yolks
- 120 ml double cream
- 150 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 250 g spaghetti
- salt and black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the pancetta until cooked, but not crisp; set aside.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the cream, stir in half the parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions in boiling, salted water; drain thoroughly.
4. Tip the pasta into the frying pan containing the pancetta, and pour over the cream mixture, stirring to coat each pasta piece.
5. Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan and serve hot.
Rate This Recipe