- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 kg tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp sugar
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 250 g monkfish, cut into chunks
- 250 g mixed shellfish, (eg scallops, mussels, calamari)
- 250 g cooked shelled prawns
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- 500 g spaghetti
- chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions, tomato and thyme. Cook for over a low heat, until thickened and glossy.
2. Add the tomato puree and sugar.
3. Season well, stir in half of the wine, then the monkfish and mixed shellfish.
4. Pour in the remaining wine. Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the fish is almost completely cooked and the mussels have opened.
5. Stir in the prawns, garlic and parsley.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and toss with the seafood sauce.
7. Transfer to a heated pasta dish, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe