- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g linguine or spaghettini
- 85 g pancetta, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 100 g wild mushrooms
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small truffle
1. Place the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile heat a heavy-based frying pan, add the pancetta and cook for 2-3 minutes until really crisp. Drain through a sieve and return the oil to the frying pan with the light olive oil. Add the mushrooms, season well with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Mix in the mushrooms, crisp pancetta, parmesan and parsley.
4. To serve: divide between two warmed bowls. Just before eating, drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and shave over the truffle.
Cooks' note: This dish can be made vegetarian by omitting the pancetta however check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
Rate This Recipe