- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary, tough stalk discarded, leaves finely chopped
- 2400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- black pepper
- 500 g dried spaghetti
- veal milanese, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large high-sided frying pan. Add the onion and cook over a very low heat for 5 minutes until soft but not browned.
2. Stir in the garlic, rosemary and tomatoes. Add the bay leaves and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes until the sauce is very thick. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions. When it is 'al dente', drain and stir into the sauce. Serve with the Veal Milanese.
Rate This Recipe