- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, (choose low-salt if available)
- 1 tins chopped tomatoes, or passata
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 180 g spaghetti
Tips and Suggestions
Always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start.
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until the onion is soft.
2. Stir in the chopped aubergine, so that its coated in the oil (you might have to add some extra oil, because the aubergine will soak this up). Then add the chopped tomato/passata, purée, garlic and sprinkle in the stock cube, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Cook the spaghetti following the instructions on the back of the packet.
4. Serve with the sauce mixed through the spaghetti.
Nutritional information per portion (773g)
Energy 423kcal (1780kJ)
(of which sugars) 11.3g
Fat, total 12.0g
(of which saturates) 2.1g
Traffic lights per portion (773g)
Fat: Green (low)
Saturated: Green (low)
Sugars: Green (low)
Salt: Green (low)
Contains: wheat (gluten). Stock cubes may contain wheat (gluten) and/or celery.
Rate This Recipe