- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g spaghetti
- extra virgin olive oil, ideally new season
- ½ clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 anchovy fillets, finely diced
- 3-5 capers, drained, rinsed and finely diced
- 10 fennel seeds
- 1 firm plum tomato, skinned and seeds removed, finely diced
- 35 g dry white wine
- 1 tbsp cuttlefish or squid ink
- 1 small ladle vegetable stock
- chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small sweet red chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
- freshly grated bottarga fish roe
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until tender but still retaining some bite.
2. Drain and reserve a little cooking water.
3. Heat a dash of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic, anchovy, capers and fennel seeds in a pan.
4. Add the tomato and wine and simmer until nearly all the wine is absorbed. Add the cuttlefish ink and the vegetable stock.
5. Stir in the cooked pasta and another dash of extra virgin olive oil. Serve garnished with the parsley, chilli and grated bottarga.
Rate This Recipe