- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- small handful basil, torn, reserve a few whole leaves to serve
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200 g spaghetti
- large knob unsalted butter
- 75 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp black olive tapenade
1. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the garlic to flavour the oil.
2. Just before the garlic begins to colour, stir in the chopped tomatoes, torn basil, sugar and seasoning to taste.
3. Leave to simmer on a low heat until the tomatoes have broken down.
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until just tender. Drain.
5. Put a large knob of butter in a large serving bowl, add the pasta and the tomato sauce and toss all together.
6. To serve, top each serving of pasta with the extra fresh basil, the ricotta and 1-2 teaspoons of tapenade.
Rate This Recipe