- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 kg tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150 g peeled langoustine tails
- 75 g (dry weight) spaghetti, cooked
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- finely chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Heat half of the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
2. Add two thirds of the garlic and the celery and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, until the onion is golden.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 6 minutes or until mushy. Push the mixture through a sieve. The sauce should now be the consistency of single cream, if it is too thin, cook for several minutes over a medium heat, until reduced and thickened.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil and cook the remaining garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the peeled langoustine tails and fry for 2-3 minutes, until the garlic is golden.
5. Add the tomatoes and half of the parsley. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir in the remaining parsley.
6. Add the cooked spaghetti and warm through quickly. Season and serve with a further sprinkling of parsley.
Rate This Recipe