- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g taggiasca olives, stones removed, finely chopped
- ½ cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 leaves basil, finely chopped
- 100 ml double cream
- 75 g freshly grated parmesan, plus extra for serving
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted boiling water until tender, but still retaining some bite. Drain and reserve a little of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the chopped olives, garlic and basil and fry gently for 3-4 minutes.
3. Pour in the double cream and cook for a further minute. Toss the spaghetti with the olives and cream, add the parmesan and if the mixture seems a little thick, stir in a splash of the pasta water.
4. Serve with black pepper and more parmesan.
Rate This Recipe