- Serves: 3-4 as a starter or light meal, 2 as a main course
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 6 salted or canned anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 450 g ripe tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 100 g black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 350 g dried spaghetti
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- finely grated parmesan
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil for the pasta.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the chilli, anchovies and garlic. Gently fry for 30 seconds, mashing the anchovies to a paste with a wooden spoon, and taking care not to let the garlic brown.
3. Raise the heat to medium-high and add the tomatoes, olives and capers. Bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until 'al dente'.
5. Pour the sauce into a heated serving dish. Drain the pasta well and stir into the sauce.
6. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with plenty of freshly grated Parmesan.
Rate This Recipe