- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins standing time
- Effort: easy
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tinned anchovies
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 150 g tin sardines, in olive oil, drained
- 250 g spaghetti
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handfuls parsley, finely chopped
- extra halves lemons, optional
1. Chop the garlic and anchovies as finely as you can, then add the chilli flakes, lemon juice and olive oil. Place the mixture in a bowl and leave on one side for about ½ an hour
2. Flake the sardines with a fork and set aside.
3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and tip in the pasta. Cook until the pasta is tender but still has bite. Drain and return to the pan.
4. Fold the anchovy mixture and flaked fish into the pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper, if you like.
5. Garnish with plenty of chopped parsley and serve with extra lemon halves for squeezing over.
Rate This Recipe