- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 g baby spinach, washed and cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 bunches spring onions, chopped
- 225 g shallots, finely chopped
- 120 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- olive oil, for frying and brushing filo
- black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. To make the filling, combine the spinach, parsley and spring onions in a large bowl.
3. In a pan, gently fry the shallots with a little olive oil until golden. Add this to the spinach mix as well as the feta and mix well. Season to taste.
4. For the pie, grease a shallow 20 x 18cm baking dish with oil. Line with three of the filo sheets, placing one on top of the other and brushing each sheet with oil before adding the next.
5. Put the filling over the pastry and spread evenly. Cover with the remaining filo sheets, brushing each with oil. Brush the top with oil and, with the point of a sharp knife, score the crust into four portions, making sure not to cut right through.
6. Bake for 40 minutes in the oven. When golden brown, remove and leave to cool. Cut the pie into portions and serve.
Rate This Recipe