- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the Spanish eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 200 g small prawns, cooked and peeled
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- ½ tsp Spanish paprika
- 2 tbsp picked coriander leaves
- sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
For the tomato bread
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 3 tbsp fruity olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- 8 slices Serrano ham
1. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and sauté the peppers and garlic until softened - about 5 minutes. Tip the prawns into the pan and stir through.
2. Preheat the grill to medium.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the parsley, sea salt, pepper and paprika and combine everything.
4. Pour the eggs into the pan and leave to set for 15 seconds. Using a wooden spoon, draw the eggs in a slow spiral from the outside in, allowing the egg to set slightly as you go. Remove from the heat while still a little runny; scatter with coriander leaves, and keep warm while you make the tomato bread.
5. Lightly grill the bread on both sides, before rubbing with the cut garlic and brushing with olive oil.
6. Rub the cut side of the tomatoes over each slice, squeezing at the same time so that all the juices and seeds run out and are absorbed.
7. Discard the remainder of the tomato, and return the bread to the grill to lightly scorch the edges.
8. To serve, fold the ham, place on top of the grilled bread, and serve with the Spanish eggs.
Rate This Recipe