- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus freezing time
- Effort: easy
- 1 egg, separated
- 250 ml milk
- 140 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
1. Whisk the egg yolk with the milk. Add the sugar and the grated zest and juice of the lemon.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the lemon mixture.
3. Freeze in a sorbetiere. Alternatively, pour into a shallow container and half freeze. Remove and whisk or break it up in a food processor, then put it back into the freezer. This prevents ice crystals forming.
4. Leave in the freezer overnight to firm before serving.
Rate This Recipe