- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 30 g butter
- 3 small shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 chopped, 1 sliced
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 300 g pork mincemeat
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- olive oil, for frying
- 300 g chorizo
- 100 ml white wine
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 roasted red pepper, (you can buy these precooked), blitzed in a food processor
- handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- crusty bread
Tips and Suggestions
Lisa likes to use a mix of dolce and picante chorizo for her meatballs.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Melt the butter in a large heavy based frying pan and gently soften the shallots. Add the paprika, chopped garlic and sherry, then bubble for a few minutes.
2. In large bowl mix the pork mince together with the breadcrumbs, egg yolk and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the cooked shallots to this and then shape into little meatballs (approx 18).
3. In a new pan brown the meatballs in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes; set aside.
4. In the same pan with the paprika, fry the chorizo and sliced garlic. Next add the wine and bring to the boil. Add the tomatoes and the blitzed pepper and put the meatballs and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir through the parsley and serve with other tapas and crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe