- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g clams
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ Spanish onions, chopped
- 1 tsp plain flour
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 125 ml white wine
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Wash the clams thoroughly under cold running water. Discard any clams that do not close when tapped.
2. Heat the oil and garlic over a medium heat in a large saucepan and cook until the garlic is golden brown and the oil is infused with the flavour of the garlic. Remove the garlic slices.
3. Add the onion and fry for 1 minute, or until softened. Add the flour and paprika and stir to combine. Pour in the wine and 125ml water and bring to the boil.
4. Season with salt and pepper and add the clams. Cover and cook for 1 minute, shaking the pan twice.
5. Uncover the pan and discard any clams that have not opened. Add the parsley and more salt and pepper to taste. Shake a couple more times and serve hot.
Rate This Recipe