- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 750 g courgettes, sliced quite thinly
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 100 g manchego cheese, or other hard cheese, cut in small dice
1. Heat a heavy-based, non-stick, 25cm frying pan over a moderate flame and add in one tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Add in the courgette slices with a little salt and freshly ground pepper. Fry them, stirring often, until soft and golden.
3. Break the eggs into a large bowl and beat thoroughly with a little more salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Stir the fried courgette and the diced Manchego into the eggs until the courgettes are well coated with egg.
5. Place the pan back on the heat and add in the remaining olive oil. Pour the courgette mixture into the pan.
6. Cook, loosening the edges from time to time, until the tortilla is deep golden underneath and loose when you shake the pan.
7. Slide onto a plate, place another plate on top and carefully flip over. Slide the tortilla back into the pan and cook until the other side is golden and the egg is cooked throughout.
8. Remove from the pan and cool. Serve warm or cold.
Rate This Recipe