- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large chicken, spatchcocked
- 250 g sobrassada sausages, skins removed
- 50 ml olive oil
- 5 g sea salt
- 200 g sobrassada sausages, sliced
- 2 lemons, halved
- leaves of a large cos or romaine lettuce
- handful of parsley, chopped
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 loaf crusty bread, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Sobrassada is a cured Majorcan sausage. If your local butcher or supermarket doesnt stock it, you can use raw chorizo sausage instead.
1. Loosen the skin from the chicken breasts and stuff the sausage meat under the skin. Drizzle with the olive oil and sea salt.
2. Place on a barbecue skin side down for 20 mins then flip over and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. For the last 15 mins add the additional sliced sausage to the grill, as well as the lemon halves (flesh side down).
3. Shred the barbecued chicken and sausage stuffing with a fork. Pile this onto a plate of cos lettuce leaves, together with the extra grilled sausage slices and parsley. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and squeeze over the char grilled lemon.
4. Serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe