- Serves: 2
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 poussin, backbone and sternum removed and flattened (spatchcocked)
- 1 king cabbage, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 100 ml muscat dessert wine
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the polenta
- 500 g polenta
- knob of butter
- 300 g parmesan, grated
- 1 dashes of olive oil
1. For the polenta: bring a large heavy-based pan of water to the boil, then reduce the heat and stir in the polenta gradually, raining it in in a steady stream whilst whisking with a balloon whisk until it comes to a smooth porridge-like consistency. Allow to simmer. Every 5 minutes, whisk the polenta in the water it should take about an hour to cook.
2. While the polenta is cooking, preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
3. Season the poussin, then heat the oil in a hot non-stick frying pan and seal the skin till golden brown on one side (8-10 minutes).
4. Turn the poussin over and add the cabbage and the garlic.
5. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. When cooked, remove the poussin from the pan. Deglaze the pan with the dessert wine, remove from the heat then add 10g of the butter and rest for 6 minutes.
7. When the polenta is cooked through, stir in a knob of butter, the parmesan, olive oil and seasoning.
8. Serve the poussin with the polenta alongside, drizzled with the pan juices.
Rate This Recipe