- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the mince pies
- butter, for greasing
- 400 g all butter shortcrust pastry
- 560 g jar of mincemeat
- handful dried cranberries
- handful nibbed pistachio nuts
- 50 ml amaretto (almond liqueur)
For the crumble topping
- 50 g cooked, peeled chestnuts, or vacuum-packed
- 100 g plain flour
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 45 g unsalted butter, diced
- 75 g demerara sugar
Tips and Suggestions
Any leftover mincemeat will keep in a sterilised jam jar for a couple of weeks
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly butter a 12-hole tartlet tin.
2. Thinly roll out the pastry on a floured surface to about the thickness of a £1 coin. Using a fluted pastry cutter, stamp out 12 circles, large enough to fill the base and sides of the prepared tartlet tin. Press gently into each hole and pierce with a fork.
3. Bake the empty pastry tartlets for about 5 minutes, until just starting to colour. Leave to cool. Turn the oven down to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
4. Tip the mincemeat into a bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir to mix. Fill the cases with the mincemeat mixture.
5. Put all the crumble topping ingredients into a mixing bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the mince pies and bake for about 10 minutes until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe