- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 lean lamb chops or lamb cutlets
- 2 tsp whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 pint of good lamb stock
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- knob of unsalted butter
1. In a small bowl mix together the peppercorns and thyme. Transfer to a large, shallow plate.
2. Place the chops on a chopping board, season with salt and coat on both sides with the peppercorn mix.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the chops for 6-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and keep warm.
4. Add the onions to the frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft and slightly coloured.
5. Add the stock and redcurrant jelly, bring to the boil and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter.
6. Serve the chops with the sauce, Parmesan mash and seasonal vegetables.
Rate This Recipe