- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chicken dumplings
- 350 g minced chicken
- 60 g canned bamboo shoots, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
For the broth
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 350 ml canned coconut milk
- 2 lime leaves, (or 2 pieces lime zest)
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp caster sugar, or to taste
- 4 baby pak choi, halved lengthways
- sliced red chillies
- coriander leaves
- 1 lime, juice only
1. For the chicken dumplings: put the mince, bamboo shoots, ginger, chilli, coriander, fish sauce, cornflour and some salt and pepper into a large bowl.
2. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Wet your hands, roll the mixture into small balls and set aside.
3. For the broth: put the chicken stock, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves (or lime zest) and ginger slices into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust the flavours if necessary.
4. Reduce the heat to low, add the reserved dumplings and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Add the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar to taste.
5. Divide the pak choi among 4 serving bowls. Ladle the soup into the bowls, dividing the dumplings evenly. Serve immediately, scattered with chilli slices, coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime juice.
Rate This Recipe