- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus at least 20 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
- 800 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, or thighs
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150 ml tzatziki
For the marinade
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 50 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the salad
- 1 cos lettuce, halved across and leaves separated
- 3 tomatoes, each cut into 12 wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced in rings
For the tzatziki
- 125 ml Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tbsp mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into long thin strips and toss in the marinade to evenly coat. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, but preferably a couple of hours or even overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
3. Drizzle the sunflower oil on a large baking sheet and arrange the chicken pieces on it in a single layer. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until cooked through and golden.
4. For the tzatziki: Stir all the ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Toss the ingredients for the salad together in a bowl and pile onto a large serving platter or individual plates. Arrange the warm chicken pieces on top and drizzle with tzatziki.
Apdapted from Rachel Allen Home Cooking (Collins)
Rate This Recipe